JEE is Joint Entrance Examination conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education). JEE is the toughest competitive exam for getting into prestigious institutes like IIT, ISM, NIT etc. JEE Exam for both Engineering aspirants and Architecture aspirants.
JEE is conducted in 2 stages- JEE Mains and JEE Advanced. JEE mains has 2 papers, one for aspirants who are interested in Engineering and the other is for aspirants interested in Architecture. JEE main exam is scheduled in April.
|Examination Date||Mode of Examination||Timings|
|April 3, 2016||Offline (Pen and paper based)||9.30AM- 12.30 PM|
|April 9, 2016||Online||Shift 1- 9.30AM- 12.30 PM
Shift 2- 2.00PM- 5.00PM
|April 10, 2016||Online||Shift 1- 9.30AM- 12.30 PM
Shift 2- 2.00PM- 5.00PM
|Examination||Subjects||Type of questions||
Mode of examination
B.Tech/B.E- UG courses
Offline (Pen and Paper based)
3. Drawing test
|Objective type and drawing test||Only Offline (Pen and Paper based)|
Guidelines for JEE Main 2016 for Offline mode (Pen and Paper Based Examination)
- Before appearing for JEE exam, check the Admit Card carefully if proper information is furnished like Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Test Center Name, City, JEE Eligibility Criteria and Category. The Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidate based on eligibility conditions
- It is must for candidates to reach the venue at least 30 minutes prior to JEE examination to complete the registration formalities. The registration desk gets closed five minutes before the commencement of JEE examination
- The applicant has to show the Admit Card in the examination hall and if the applicant does not possess the admit card issued by the board, that applicant will not be permitted for the examination
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall, once the examination begins; under any circumstances
- All the candidates must be seated at the seats allotted to them, as they will be provided with a seat indicating roll number. Any candidate found to have changed room or the seat on one’s own accord other than allotted, that candidate’s candidature shall be immediately cancelled and no plea would be accepted.
- Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as instructed by the Centre Superintendent/Invigilators
- No Baggage will be allowed inside the examination hall
- The candidates cannot carry any textual material like calculators, pen, slide rules, log tables, electronic watches, printed or written material, cell phone except for admit card and identity proof.
- Eatables will not allowed to be taken inside the examination hall and smoking is strictly prohibited.
- The candidates are also advised to carry a copy of document (as per the following table) and submit it to the invigilator at the examination hall.
|Applicable criteria to candidates|
|Candidates who qualified in class 12th/qualifying Examination in 2014 or 2015 and have not opted for improvement of performance in 2016|
|Candidates who qualified in class 12th / qualifying Examination in 2014 or 2015, and have opted for improvement of performance in 2016 in all subjects.|
|Candidates, who are appearing in class 12th /qualifying examination in 2016|
|Copy of Document required to be brought and submitted to the invigilator at the Centre after writing JEE Main Roll number|
|Copy of Final marks- sheet/ marks statement of Class 12th /Qualifying Examination of year 2015 or 2016|
|Copy of their Admit card/Hall ticket for improvement of performance in Class 12th /Qualifying Examination 2016|
|Copy of their Admit card/Hall ticket for class 12th/Qualifying Examination 2016|
- Approach the Center Superintendent or Invigilator for any technical assistance, first aid emergency or any other information during the course of examination
- Ten minutes before the commencement of the paper, each candidate will be given sealed Test Booklet with an Answer Sheet placed inside it.
- The candidate will fill in the required particulars on the cover page of the Test Booklet with Ball Point Pen only. A candidate should not open the Test Booklet until asked to do so by the Invigilator. Do not open/break the seal before the announcement.
- The candidates must sign twice on the Attendance Sheet at the appropriate place. Firstly, immediately after commencement of the Examination and for the second time while handing over the Answer Sheet to the Invigilator. The candidates are also required to put their left hand thumb impression in the space provided in the Attendance Sheet.
- No candidate, without the special permission of the Centre Superintendent or the Invigilator concerned, will leave his/her seat or Examination Room until the full duration of the paper. Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as instructed by the Centre Superintendent or Invigilators
- For any queries or issues regarding computer based examination, the candidates may contact on toll free Centre number which will be available on JEE website.
Guidelines for JEE Main 2016 for Online mode (Computer Based Examination)
The Computer Based Examination will be conducted as per the following schedule
- A sample/mock test will be available on JEE website and on www.byjus.com. Candidates can take up the test to know the pattern of Computer Based Examination (CBE)
- The test will start exactly at the time mentioned in the Admit Card and an announcement to this effect will be made by the invigilator
- The test will be of 3 hrs duration
- There will be three parts in the question paper consisting of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics having equal weightage
- Each question is allotted 4 marks for the correct response. 1 mark will be deducted for indicating incorrect response from the total score
- There is only one correct response for each question out of four responses given
- All calculations/writing work are to be done only in the rough sheet provided at the centre and on completion of the test, candidates must hand over the rough sheets to the invigilator
- During the examination time, the invigilator will check Admit Card of the candidate to check the identity of each candidate
- The candidates are governed by all Rules and Regulations of the Board with regard to their conduct in the Examination Hall. All cases of unfair means will be dealt with as per rules
- The candidates must sign on the Attendance Sheet at the appropriate place
To know more about IIT JEE, log in to our website www.byjus.com to get JEE syllabus, JEE sample papers, JEE Preparation Tips, JEE Exam pattern and JEE videos.